Sunday, August 17, 2008

Too many movies

Don't have much time to write, but I had to relate a couple of things Micheal said lately. We got Superman Returns from Netflix a couple of weeks ago and, after an initial screening with the older kids, they apparently had a few private screenings with just the kids. I did not know this, and only figured out what happened when, at dinner, Micheal turned to me and said, in classic Lex Luthor style, "I just wanna bring fire to the people". This is what Lex says as he talks about Prometheus who gave the gods fire to man. All of this may have gone unnoticed but for today in church when Michael asked me "is that the bad man?". I asked him where, and he said it again. Finally, I got him to point to the man he was referring to; a young, very nice member of the bishopric who is bald, but does not look much like Lex. Still, when I asked him, Michael told me that he thought they were one and the same.

Michael also loves to sing songs. Different from our other children, it does not take much to get him to belt out a primary song that he has learned in nursery. However, I guess he is not that impressed with Kersten and me as he always sings: "...has given me an earthly heart, with parents kind of dear." When corrected, he tells us we don't know what we are talking about.

I got back from a 4 day trip with the young men this week. When the memories are not so fresh, I will try to tell you about it. We didn't lose any of them at least...or not on accident.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Grandma's Musings said...

You have just written the heart of Kersten's next post. As for the clandestine screenings, maybe Uncle Scottie has been coaching your kids. Want to know the counter-moves from "one who knows"?

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger All10Dixons said...

Since Michael is *so cute* I can just picture him saying this! Can we get a video?
About the YM trip: there are times to grit your teeth and say: "This will be SO funny later!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home